Driver CPC part four test: practical demonstration
You must have passed the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) part two test before you can book the Driver CPC part four test.
What to take to your test
You must bring:
- your valid Great Britain photocard driving licence, or Northern Ireland photocard driving licence and paper counterpart
- a lorry or a bus or coach that meets the rules
Your test will be cancelled and you’ll lose your fee if you don’t bring these.
How the test works
You’re tested on being able to:
- load the vehicle following safety rules and to keep it secure
- stop trafficking in illegal immigrants
- assess emergency situations
- do a walkaround vehicle safety check
The test is made up of 5 topics from the Driver CPC syllabus. You can score up to 20 points for each topic.
To pass you have to score at least 15 out of 20 in each topic area and have an overall score of at least 80 out of 100.
At the end of your test the examiner will tell you if you’ve passed.